Hold on gang, this is a really amazing stew, with a strange combination of ingredients.
I am making this recipe to be used in a large crock pot as it will fill it up.
You can cook it for 9 hrs on low heat or 5 hours on high, as with most stews, it will taste better the next day after it has cooled down and set it’s flavors.
Here it is, enjoy!
- 2 pounds of ground meat, it can be beef, buffalo, turkey, chicken, and sometimes I go to the meat bargain bin and get cube steak for half the price of ground beef. You will need to brown it. This is where I add all of my pepper and salt spices. I think it kinds of roast and season in the heat.
- 2-8 oz cans for tomato sauce. Now here is where you can be creative. I like to try different ethnic cans of tomato’s such as Italian, Mexican etc… Sometimes it is just the best to get the basic cheap can of canned tomato’s
- 2-8 oz cans of cream of mushroom soup, yep, this is when it gets strange, especially when you see how it cooks in the crock pot.
- 2 small onions. This is another mystery, each type of onion adds it’s character in the soup, it is best to try many combination’s.
- 4 garlic cloves. The way I like to do this is just smash the clove, peel it and cut large chunks to put into the mystery stew.
- 5 organic celery hearts ribs sliced in 1/2 inch cuts.
- 6 organic carrots in a small cuts, be creative in how you cut the carrots as it adds eye appeal.
- 3 organic potatoes. Now in all of these vegies, don’t peel just scrub them. Cut the potatoes in 1/4 inch pieces or what ever you like.
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes.
- Now another mystery part. Cut a 1 1/2 inch piece of ginger. The idea is that you want to recognize this piece and not eat it . Just peel off the skin with a knife and put it in the stew. Now, this may be to strong a taste for some, so next time make the cube a little smaller.
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth. This is optional.
- 1 tbls ground pepper. What is fun is I like to find green peppercorns and add the salt (see below) combine them and pulverize them in a mortar and pestle.
- 1.5 tblsp of course sea salt. Boy, this could be an article in itself, you can get charcoal salt, smoked fish salt, dead sea salt, Himalaya salt etc… it is really endless and it is one of the secrets to make this stew your own.
If you look at the ingredients you will have a disconnect as how this will taste. At least I do, I really cannot get over the cream of mushroom soup, all I can think of is my wife’s mothers green bean casserole, by the way you can add fresh beans or mushrooms to this recipe.
I think you really find that the parts of this stew exceeds your taste buds, really , it is that good.
I don’t understand how this can taste as good as it does, it just taste good. I think that this recipe can be gluten free with a few modifications.
In fact I have a family that has to be totally gluten free. I will submit this recipe to them and have them correct it.
If you would like this recipe just email me at. email@example.com
Really, this is an amazing stew. I have cooked 3 times and I cannot get over how good it tastes.